• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Restarting... 18g

ah - sorry to hear that.

it's neat though you have a black domino in the nano - different from the usual clown one sees.

Updates...

DSC_3873.jpg

DSC_3881.jpg

DSC_3870.jpg

DSC_3862.jpg

DSC_3884.jpg

DSC_3864.jpg

DSC_3861.jpg

DSC_3841.jpg

DSC_3866.jpg

DSC_3885.jpg

Picked up a skimmer and a soap dish for the tank, but I came home today to find that I no longer rock the Domino Damsel. :'(

Wow.. We need to sit down and talk and see what your tank cleaning schedule and maintenance is like. There is no reason other then there is none that this tank should not be growing coralline algae by now. Those rocks look dead. When you have time PM me and we can talk one on one.

New pictures... sorry about the microbubbles. :mad: The new skimmer's break-in period and all. No editing has been done to the pictures. I ordered my new lights so hopefully they'll be here by Friday. ;D

fishtank005.jpg

fishtank024.jpg

fishtank018.jpg

fishtank020.jpg

fishtank034.jpg

fishtank011.jpg

Next thing on the agenda after maybe an extra light bulb or two will be to do up a frag rack.

Parameters:

0 Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates
7.8-8.1 pH
Alk is low at 2.5ish meq/L
Ca is above 400

Lost the clown today. I'm not sure why I've lost two fish in a week after having them for a little over a year.

Picture after changing out bulbs and fiddling with the tank a bit. I'm not sure if I like how blue it is now. The current setup is:
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Blue+
Current 10k

002-1.jpg

GSP  was taking over more rock than I thought. :angry: I spent a couple hours removing it from the rock, kenya tree, and zoas. The leftovers are now glued to the overflow box to grow out. I also did some fragging last night.
I picked up another coral today and some mystery zoas that were a freebie (but closed so...) The tank was still cloudy today. More pictures once everything recovers.

Could too many microbrittles be the reason I haven't seen a pod in a while?

I don't know about the brittles but I think your tank has alot more color in those pictures w/ those new bulbs, I like it. Did you take that drive down to mr. coral this past weekend?

fishtank030.jpg

fishtank038.jpg

I found two of my missing rics and the bleached one is recovering nicely. :happy:
fishtank031.jpg

new zoas
fishtank033.jpg

raffle candy canes doing great
fishtank035.jpg

zoas after fragging. I think I could have fragged some more.
fishtank037.jpg

fishtank036.jpg

frogspawn
fishtank039.jpg

mini frag rack
fishtank044.jpg

New acan frag
005.jpg

new rics x2
008.jpg

010.jpg

duncans
012.jpg

happiness
014.jpg

I'm starting to get worried about three zoa colonies. In particular my jokers haven't fully opened yet.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
If your zoas are not opening, do a furan II dip. I recently bought some purple people eaters that were great for a week then stopped opening. I did three half hour treatments and they were back open. I have to do another treatment soon, but the stuff works and it is cheap.

Been there, done that. Mike's (mnat) tank grew hair algae like crazy for a few weeks, we did water changes and then scrubbed the live rock piece by piece outside of the tank. This is going to sound strange, but tweasers work for difficult-to-reach spots on the rock.