• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Restarting a 40 pillar reef.

Time for a FTS me thinks :D Cool nem btw.

If it wasn't for the fact there is 2 breeder boxes in there (one for the nem one for cheto) I would. Still trying to figure out what to do with the nem as I don't want it to settle in the middle of my sps and whipe everything out. :culpability:

If it wasn't for the fact there is 2 breeder boxes in there (one for the nem one for cheto) I would. Still trying to figure out what to do with the nem as I don't want it to settle in the middle of my sps and whipe everything out. :culpability:

Where is the nem at the moment? Maybe creating some sort of pillar just for the him? I have seen it done before, but not sure on the effectiveness of this. If there is sand, hopefully it would discourage it from walking to the other rocks.

Where is the nem at the moment? Maybe creating some sort of pillar just for the him? I have seen it done before, but not sure on the effectiveness of this. If there is sand, hopefully it would discourage it from walking to the other rocks.

This was in the beginning of Sept. Shortly before my dino outbreak.
SEPTEMBER8_zpsbc8f4b4c.jpg

I started to dose H2O2 and it got pissed off and started to move forward in between 4 different SPS so I got real nervous and put him in the buttercontainer/breeder box. LOL.

Here's a overly edited shot of it.

DPP_0021_zpsefd3a2bf.jpg

This was in the beginning of Sept. Shortly before my dino outbreak.
SEPTEMBER8_zpsbc8f4b4c.jpg

I started to dose H2O2 and it got pissed off and started to move forward in between 4 different SPS so I got real nervous and put him in the buttercontainer/breeder box. LOL.

Here's a overly edited shot of it.

DPP_0021_zpsefd3a2bf.jpg

Cool FTS. Haha at the nem, do you have the regular pic of it? What are you planning to do with it btw?

Lol! Oh boy... I'd get rid of one of em but that is probably why it was moving to begin with.

I agree....mine always get up and move around when they split.....drives me crazy you cannot get them out of the rock work and they always move towards the power heads once they pack their bags.

Soooooo you watch and wait and hope you save them. Mine just did it recently as a matter of fact.

20131023_124145_zpse9f6b97a.jpg

Decided to take one of the rocks out to lower the tower. Managed to do it with only breaking the purple monticap and purple digi.

Thanks. I decided to lower it so there was room for the sticks to grow upward and not just outward. Just have to figure out how to cut the pvc down a little without shavings getting in the tank.

I would make something out of foam and/or rock, and then zip tie it onto it, make it a peak.

I like Bryant's idea.
You can also take some putty, dip it in sand/shells, and use that to aquascape around a pipe. I've seen some very cool "structures" built that way.
Alternatively, if the whole pipe is removable, you should be able to remove, cut, and put back in.

I like Bryant's idea.
You can also take some putty, dip it in sand/shells, and use that to aquascape around a pipe. I've seen some very cool "structures" built that way.
Alternatively, if the whole pipe is removable, you should be able to remove, cut, and put back in.

I think the pipe is what holds all his rocks in place/vertical.

The seashell idea with putty works too, especially since he can make the exact shape he needs. Even bashing a rock to get pebbles into a putty structure would be cool. Throw some superglue and bam, instant structure add on.

Josh if you diside to cut it out I have a tool you can use no mess clean cut and very easy to use let me know
null_zpsca818e80.jpg