• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Returning again

Well I think this probably was the shortest getting out of the hobby in history. It lasted a whole entire 2 months. Since breaking down and selling all my equipment my daughter keeps telling me I want Fishy tank again dad. She was my little helper with feedings and getting buckets to do water changes to grabbing the hose to siphon the water out it was our little bond time.

Well looks like Ill l be doing a return. But on the smaller scale. Ill be doing a 40 Breeder DT

Now I want to make this as simple as possible. So this is what I have in mind. Please feel Free to critique everything and or give suggestions.
List:
Stand : I will build
Tank :40 breeder
Sump : 40 breeder
Extra flow: four WP-25
Overflow : 700gph or 1500gph from glassholes.
Return pump : mag 9 ( t-off for Gfo & carbon )
Light : Fathom Led or ReefBreeders led
Skimmer : BM-NAC7 or also considering going skimmerless

Salt mix : Ill be using natural seawater from our great ocean.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome back Jose!

I’d go with the 700 Glass-Holes for a 40 breeder. Although I have not seen them, I’ve heard the WP25’s (and 40’s), really whip up a storm of flow. I would think four are through the roof, but again, I speak with my specialty…..ignorance. I have the Reefbreeder LED over my JBJ28, and I’m very happy….very nice light for the $$.

Once you are up and running, if you want any of the “common” stuff I have and are in the area, stop by and we’ll clip some stuff.

And a final note; you need to get that little princess what she wants. I will never forget how well behaved she was when we spent the day at Edwins. Just for that alone, she deserves a new tank.

Thank you Paul for your input.
I was leading toward the 700GPH overflow myself. I've never seen the WP-25 in action so I wasn't sure if 2 was enough but from the sounds of it two is probably more then enough.

I've also leaning toward a ATI t5 6 bulb fixture. Not quit sure in which direction to head on lighting yet. My old school ways keeps me leaning toward a T5 setup.

Thank you for the coral offer ill probably take you up on that offer for a one or two pcs. Lol

And your correct get the princess whatever she wants especially a FISHY tank

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
With a 40b, I would go T5, the reason being that tank is so shallow, the LED's might be too much for it. Also with 3ft you would probably need two LED fixtures. You can get deals on the ATI and with 6 bulbs you can get a great color combination. Look at the dimmable sunpower which is really nice (I have it).

I think you should go skimmer, and I would take a look at the swc120 as well. I have one of the bubble magus skimmers kicking around too. I think it was the 6 non cone, pm if you have any interest. I really need to get rid of it.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I knew it wouldn't be long when we were carrying that tank out you would be back, great Jose go for it

I also have to 20 long you gave me if you want that back
I will also have some stuff for you coral wise when are ready I have some really nice LPS and SPS