• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Reverse Osmosis RO DI Aquarium Water Filter

i use the same RODI inqy uses.

the ones on ebay should be fine - I think that particular design - i read somewhere (someone far more wiser than me) that the 4th stage being horizontal like that - means it actually has a smaller volume/capacity. I dunno - I'm probably spreading bad internet lore...LOL.

I think that's a good deal on the ebay site. I used filter direct before (not via ebay). Had I known, I would've bought that RODI from them. I only use RO by my kitchen sink. The tank is nice touch. I like having 3-4 gallons available all the time.

Good filter, I have that same unit made by Water General. Produces 0 tds water after DI step and around 15 tds on RO side. I bought it used from fellow NJReefers club member for $80, have it for a month now.

Any bacteria traveling through your pipes will probably die after you subject it to reef salinity. It's definitely not needed. If it's a few bucks more, go for it but I wouldn't pay more than say $10 extra for it.