• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Revised stocking plan for 120g

I think we finalized our list, including the order. Think this is too much fish for a 120 with a 40 sump? Does the order make sense?

1 Pinkbar Goby (in there now)
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Yellow Tang
5 Blue Green Chromis
2 Cardinals
1 Orange Hooded Wrasse
1 Yellow Coris Wrasse

Will also have a BTA, and hoping for a nice large frogspawn colony, and mostly LPS.
Thanks and sorry for all of the questions.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
the chromis : won't they kill each other off until they are happy with the area they have?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
That is certainly not overstocked. At would be a good fish list and might leave you with some wiggle room if something catches your eye

the chromis : won't they kill each other off until they are happy with the area they have?
They're a schooling fish and I think we could actually keep like 7 of them but instead thinking 5 and 2 cardinals. The only club meeting I was ever at we had some expert in that talked about the cardinals - was very cool.

No anthias here. The more we read about them the more we're going to stay away. Thanks folks.

My only worry with the cardinals is how they'll handle the flow. I'm about 2700 GPH from the powerhead and I know they are slow moving so I don't want them stressed. Drives me crazy to see a miserable fish.

Reading various posts on forums, liveaquaria and other sites that googled up. So we decided to go in another direction.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Liveaquaria.com should be used more as a guideline rather than an absolute ruling on marine life. For me, key factors when selecting fish or inverts are: Price, Feeding requirements, tank size and tank mates.

The cardinals will be fine with the flow, remember all these fish come from ocean where currents are much stronger than in our reef tanks.

I have a orange striped cardinal in my tank with 2 Crossflow pumps going. If you are looking for motion, then cardinals are not for you as they are very stationary and boring at times. I believe they are mouth brooders though which is cool, if you can get them to mate.