• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rio Hyper Flow pump

Did anyone own a Rio HF in the past and had some bad experience with their pumps impeller breaking while comducting some maintenanc?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have one that ran really well. Now if it stops I have to pull it a little bit out of the water to get it going again. Almost like it needs a little air to get it started. Idk why. But I haven't used it in a long time now because of it. It is a hyper flow 32

I have been running my Rio HF 20 for 9 months for my protein skimmer. Just cleaned it out and the impeller cover came out. Idk of that normal or if i need to buy another impeller

Here are the pictures of the impeller and where it is broken

This is the broken one
0ec6fdb1e223e8f74f5445b2ce40af99.jpg

This is from another Rio HF pump i had as backup
484194a50a4fdf0d5d08c228cb0a608b.jpg

Probably going to Super Glue the two pieces back together and let it cure for the 24 to 48 hours. I will post some pictures and than run some test to see if the glue holds or not. Wish me lucky cause if it doesn't work there goes 60.00 for a replacement impeller.