• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RIP Captain John

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lost a seafaring friend last night. For those who fish in the Central NJ area, you might know Captain John out of Keyport. He had a massive heart attack last night and passed away at the young age of 48. John was a great person and very close friend to one of my wife's best friends. You'll be missed Captain John Connell!

wp.slider.4aa.jpg

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Sorry to hear. Seen that boat for many years but never had time to fish from it.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thank you everyone for your kind words. However, It's not so much me, it's my wife's good friend who was John's significant other who's having the hard time. But again, all words appreciated.

For those not familiar, Captain John was the only commercial boat allowed to dock in Keyport because of arrangements made by his father years ago (who is still living). Anyone visiting Keyport knew his boat because it was the only boat there. Here's Captain John at the helm:

588f72d5dff40.jpg

If anyone is interested, HERE'S a video someone put together honoring Captian John.