• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RIP purple tile fish

Anyone tried to keep the DSC_8404.jpgpurple tile fish?
I got one, beautiful fish, peaceful, did not see it eat, but when it adopted and started to come out in about 4 days, it had full belly. So it found some food.
I read that these like to jump. Well, apparently it jumped and hit its head on the LED lights. I saw the bruise, but it was acting normal. Then about a week later, I guess it jumped again. i did not see it, but bruise on forehead lost its skin and it started to twitch, acting strange and within 1/2 hour landed on the bottom. It was very fast. I removed, because as soon as it landed, snails and my green starfish started to approach.
People say it is called 'tile fish' because it usually ends up on the tile floor. In my case, it did not , but still , the end is the same.

Sorry for the loss...he's a beauty too. I guess some kind of mesh might in order to prevent this kind of injury.