• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RKE AND BRS DOSERS help!!!!

Does anyone use this set that could help me figure out how to set it up?

I have tried

start time 12am
on 4m
off 56m
all days
ocillate off
random off
repeat 23

I have also tried

ocillate on

and repeat 23

I have been trying to set this up for a few days now and it wont dose.

I manually turned the pumps on and they work.

thanks

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a RKL but that looks right.

Oscillate and random should always be off unless you are using that timer as a wakemaker.

On my RKL first thing I have to do is set days of the week.

Day of week
-------

changes to

Day of week
SMTWTFS

It took me a while to figure out I had to change the values of all days of the week. Not sure if it is the same thing on the RKE.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Austyn I run brs and a reef keeper you are welcome to check it out. Mine was easy to set up on at 10 pm and off 10:30 all days of the week. Simple like that LOL. No other settings that I can remember

Thanks guys. Through trial and error and suggestions.I think I have figured it out. So far so good. Have the dosing 2m each hour. From my test I think I might have to up the time to 3 min.
Thanks again.

Sticky thread suggestion on controller set ups?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey sorry to hijack... But i hrecently acquired a BRS doser and i cannot get it to prime. Is there a trick to do it? I am using 1/4 airline tubing for the intake and outake

I didnt have that problem. I would check the tubbing make sure there a no holes or slices. And make sure the lock nut is on tight and tubbing pushed in all the way. It takes a while if the lines are long. Mine took 20min and they are under 3ft.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey sorry to hijack... But i hrecently acquired a BRS doser and i cannot get it to prime. Is there a trick to do it? I am using 1/4 airline tubing for the intake and outake

If they are the 1.1ml/Min ones, you just have to turn them on and let them run for 5-10 mins. to get the hoses filled. It takes a while but they will prime themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick note here: The voltage that triggers the dosers to shut on/off is very low. With my apex it had to be in the last 2 ports of my Energy bar as those are the only two that support this low voltage. Either they didn't turn on or once they were on they wouldn't turn off.

As far as priming, the doser I have is a 1mL, so to fully prime it takes a very long time. I do the stupid thing of sucking the hose to get it going then attaching it to a running pump. It speeds the process up but still takes a while.