• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RKE controller Help

So i am finally setting up the Reef keeper elite v2. i am having issues with the SL1 module. Before i started setting it up a ran through the updates for each module individually. I hooked it all up. and started my reef. For a good part of 2 hrs the temp probe was giving a reading with no problems while i was setting up all the parameters. I still have not set up the PH probe since it will take a bit to calibrate. Now the SWA,SWB TEMP,PH,ORP are all showing ERROR. with intermittent display of temp. i took it apart again and hooked it individually(SL1) gave it another update just in case. I restarted my reef hooked it up to the laptop and its still showing error. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Should i give the head unit a n update and reset it all up?
Or should i just contact digital aquatics???

Thanks in advance for any advise.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I had a similar problem with mine, I gave everything an update and it cleared up. Is it new? Also try using a different cable between it and the head unit.

It Seems The MLC Module is all jacked up. I noticed the status light started blinking. I bypassed the MLC and the SL1 module went back to normal. showing all readings normal. So i tried to give the MLC itself an update but when it pops up on MY REEF. it shows SL1 instead of MLC. and it wont update. im sure i will problabl;y have to reset everything and try again when i get home today. Danny from DA has been follwing along and is stumped also on why its showing as SL1 and not MLC. hopefully he has a fix today. if not, hope he sends me a new one. Not that it matters much since my LEDS will have all the moon lights and i will be removing the MLC anyways when they come in.