• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ro adapter is making me mad...help me...

Hi,
I got a coralife RO/di unit...well i must have spend over 50$ on trying to make this thing stop leaking...it leaks whenever i hook it up outside it just drips and spits water everwher...it leaks below the adapter? if that makes sense...befor the tube...i tried teflon tape...that didn't work..next i tried a washer...homedepot didn't help me at all...just told me diffrent ways to spend my money..

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Re: Ro adapter is pissing me off...help me...

Post a picture.
It will help us better understand you problem.

home depot never helps. i only go there if i know exactly what i need, and i am sure they have it.

maybe there is a small fracture in the connector. that happened to me once. i went to the local plumbing store and they were able to make me a new connector for like 7 bucks.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Is the tubing pushed all the way into the quick connect fitting on the adapter. Make sure the tubing is cut evenly.

Bob

if there is a good local plumbing store near you, you should be able to bring that connector in and have them replace it. same thing happened to me.

Same thing happened to me also. The spicket was not totally round....... I moved it to another location instead of having it replaced.