• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ro/Di issues need some help.

OK so my Rodi is an air water ice 5 stage that has a pretty filter, chloramine filter, refillable carbon filter, 75gpd ro, and a separate did single chamber. It had the auto shut off valve. I also added also brs 2 stage for phosphate remover and another polishing pad to catch any phosphate dust.
Onto my problems.
1. I was not getting the auto shut off valve to shut off when the ato valve would shut off. I replaced it, still having that issue unless I pinch the line then it'll shut off..and it's causing an issue bc it's building pressure and pushing through my solenoid
Second I was only flowing 35 psi so I bought the booster pump from brs with the shut off valve and the auto flush valve. Well that doesn't seem to work either bc when the valve shuts off it causes a spike in pressure to about 90 psi but won't shut down the pump until I pinch the line right after the switch then it'll shut the pump down. Or if I unplug the pump then the auto shut off valve will finally shut off and I can plug it back in and it'll stay off till the next time it calls for flow then it won't shut off after again..

I'm loosing my mind and don't want to go buy a new system when this one worked perfectly fine before I moved. If anyone knows what the hell I'm dealing with and can help let me know. I'm in Columbus.
Thanks.
Mime

Lostinthedark

NJRC Member
I have the AWI high pressure switch on mine. If yours works the same way there is a small hex screw on the switch that you can adjust the shut off pressure with. I had to play around with mine for a while to find the max pressure of the unit and have it shut down automatically.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If the above doesn't do the trick, try posting over on R2R... or PM AZdesertrat.....he is an RO/DI expert and would be able to help.

OK thanks. I partly got it working I was able to lower he pump pressure which helped. But... it's still pushing through my ATO solenoid. and it shouldn't be. I'll have to look him up