• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

RODI Question

Hey guys,

after experiencing low output with my Typhoon III i decided to change all the filters, resin, membrane..

Well, now i have good flow again but my TDS is hanging around 13 - 15 ppm TDS.. are any of you experiencing the same situation ? would you think that 13 - 15 ppm TDS is acceptable ?

Using good quality filters and the standard Filmtec membrane...

Scratching my head..

Joe

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Joe

Is the meter inline or handheld? If it's hand held are you testing out of a glass container. Plastic can skew the results.

Bob

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You need to test the water at 3 points as a baseline to figure out if everything is working.

1. TDS of the raw water before going to first filter.
2. TDS of water after membrane but before DI. This should be 97-98% of the #1 reading
3. TDS after DI, this should be ZERO.

Keep in mind, if you are using a handheld testor, the container you use effects the reading. Use a GLASS, that has been rinsed may times in RO water. Don't use plastic for the measurement.

Example for me:

TDS Raw Water in = 245
TDS after Membrane = 3
TDS after DI = 0

I am using a inline meter with 2 probes.. one before the filter and one after the filter..

i have about 180 ppm tds going in and 13 - 15 going out..

ill get another inline meter to put before the DI unit

i had 1 ppm before changing everything..

J