• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rodi shut off help to avoid leaks

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Hey guys so i have my rodi unit connected to my bathroom sink and the out line goes into a 5 gallon water jug but i keep forgetting to shut off my unit once the jug is full and keep flooding mt bathroom wife ain’t happy…

i was thinking of buying one of those pressure storage tanks but i see a line goes into the top and nothing out how do i drain the tank once it’s full and will it fill up and just hold water till it’s drained? Any ideas for this

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Put a float switch in a 5 gallon bucket. Put a valve going to the bucket so when float turns off RODI, you can turn valve off and disconnect bucket.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Put a float switch in a 5 gallon bucket. Put a valve going to the bucket so when float turns off RODI, you can turn valve off and disconnect bucket.
But then the water is basically on all thd time since the main valve remains open correct? If the float fails floods yah assuming these don’t Reallt fail much but still

But then the water is basically on all thd time since the main valve remains open correct? If the float fails floods yah assuming these don’t Reallt fail much but still
It's the best option. And yes, the water remains on until you go turn it off

Rueric

NJRC Member
second to this float valve.
been using this for a few years on a brute trash bin, hasnt failed me yet.

Salted

NJRC Member
Hey guys so i have my rodi unit connected to my bathroom sink and the out line goes into a 5 gallon water jug but i keep forgetting to shut off my unit once the jug is full and keep flooding mt bathroom wife ain’t happy…

i was thinking of buying one of those pressure storage tanks but i see a line goes into the top and nothing out how do i drain the tank once it’s full and will it fill up and just hold water till it’s drained? Any ideas for this
My rodi is in the bathroom also. I put my buckets in the tub to fill.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Thanks guys I’ll order the float valve and then water off every time just in case but if i do forget the float valve will trigger as a back up and then that thing off atleast

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your rodi unit also has a shut off built in. It senses the pressure change and turns off the rodi unit.

Also put an inline shut off with push connect so you can remove bucket without taking apart the unit.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
look on unit for a square white plastic looking thing with 4 hoses connected to it. That is a shutoff.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
New design of auto-shut-off valve: It looks the same outside but it's new seal design provides more accurate shut-off and higher shut-off pressure.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's part of the RODI unit. It's usually sitting on top of or behind the top filters.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That shuts the water off to the unit when the float switch closes. Nothing else needed. Works with low or high pressure.