• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rossmont wavemakers

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I had one

Pros:
  • inexpensive for a bundle
  • No power brick needed
Cons:
  • Without the contoller, they have a "hard" start when trying to have them turn on n off.
  • Controller is expensive and for no apprent reason
Good pump on a budget, but if your looking for a wave effect, without the controller they won't work well

I would get the controller too was the pump quiet?

I m still a couple months away from needing powerheads just looking into different options. I'm also looking in to the wave puck 2.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
pumps were very quiet and they do move a lot of water. With the controller i think they are worth it. I just hate that they cost substantially more than pumps themselves

Last edited:
Yeah $200 is a little much but aleast it can control 2 pumps. I'm thinking of just buying the 2 pumps and running them without the controller will the tank cycles for 2 to 3 months and then pick up the controller.

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I gotta stick by the Tunze NanoStream 6040s, though they list at $140 you can find them new if you dig about the net for $100-$110.
I've got one in the IM dropoff, had it set at 10% pulse, but it seemed too much. Switched it to wave mode and it works fantastic, though I cant run it above 15%.
Can easily see 2 of these running an sps 90 with no concerns.
Right now if someone offered me an MP10 for $50, I'd take it, cuz I'm not stupid, but I'd hold it for another tank as the 6040s are doing great jobs.
Think you mentioned that you had a Nanostream but was noisy, though we didn't discuss model or manufacture date. The ones I've recently picked up are very quiet, powerful, with wide distribution.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_N...MI243kiKCk2QIVUFmGCh0OIgXNEAAYASAAEgLXj_D_BwE

I have a Tunze NanoStream 6040 in my 50 cube it's a good little pump was loud at first but has quieted down a lot you can barely hear it now. They're little too small though for a 225 gallon would need like 4 of them even though they're rated 130 gallons