• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Rotifers - Phyto - Rotigreen Omega! Clowns laying eggs? Thinking about trying to raise them? Dumont NJ 07628

erics210

NJRC Member
Rotifers
Brachionus plicatilis (L-type) strain.

Clowns laying eggs?
Thinking about trying to raise them?
Or just dosing the rotifers to your system to create a more balanced ecosystem?
ROTIFERS are essential to raising your baby clowns!

For the first two weeks of the freshly hatched larvae's life they are relying on rotifers as their main food source.

I can give you enough rotifers to get your culture thriving in just a few days.
Basically 4 quarts of rotifer colony sifted through a sieve.

I also have various size clown foods.
I can sell some much cheaper than what it cost me to buy it all.
1647031416335.png
If you are not sure where to start I basically have everything you could need to get started from the rotifers and 5 gallon bucket to air pumps and filters.

I also have phytoplankton available if needed as well as MULTIPLE SIZED FOODS FOR ALL stages of baby clown.

Attachments

• Clown Schedule Feeding.JPG
    Clown Schedule Feeding.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Roti 1.JPG
    Roti 1.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

erics210

NJRC Member
Can you tell me how to read that clown feeding schedule? Sorry but am trying to figure it out. Thank you
Yup. Rotifers are Day 1 thru day 10/11.
Reef Nutrition TDO A, which is the smallest size days 3-4-5, TDO Size B1 days 5-14. Some overlap. And then the sizes of food just increase.

Thanks. What would I move to after sustainable aquatics.5mm slow sinking pellets for ocellaris that are about 3/4-1"?

erics210

NJRC Member
Thanks. What would I move to after sustainable aquatics.5mm slow sinking pellets for ocellaris that are about 3/4-1"?
That I am not sure. I have the TDO chart and all the associated foods. Waiting for my clowns to lay eggs again

eholceker

NJRC Member
I wouldn't start messing with the tdo pellets until sometime between days 7-10. Let the fry eat the rotifers. The tdo pellets will really foul up the water. I had the best success going from rotifer to bus to tdo.

erics210

NJRC Member
Hello everyone.
If anyone wants to give rotifers a try, just let me know. Can give you enough for free to start your own colony.