• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sad day

Just found out that our lab of 11 years has cancer of his splean :'( very sad day. The vet says they give him a month. Our thoughts that are running through our minds is when do you know is the rite time to put them to rest.

I an very sorry this happened. I had it happen to my Rotti. He was 10. The last thing you want him to do is suffer. Dogs can tolerate a lot of pain. I hated having to put my dog down, but for his sake it was the best thing to do. I knew it was time when he started to refuse food. This was a 180 lb dog that ate everthing. All sorts of fruits, veggies you name it he ate it. I couldnt watch him suffer any more. My prayers are with you and your family.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So sorry to hear. I'm sure when the time comes you'll know it is there. In the mean time, enjoy the time you have with him. My prayers are with you too.

Sorry to hear about that but i can relate to ur pain because i just had to put my dog down yesterday it was really hard 4 me & im sure it will be really hard for you, my dog stoped taking food last week & by sunday she could not walk on monday she was in a lot of pain monday night i got 2 hours sleep because as soon as i would stop touching her she would bark in pain i knew i had to put her down dint want 2 but it had to be done i could not see her in such pain, had her for 16 years.
my heart goes out to you.

You'll know when it's time...unfortunately. I had to put down my 18 year old cat. Even if you think you're prepared it's still overwhelming. Sorry.

Sorry to hear . It is a hard decision to make but just remember it is the right one . When I had to let go of my buddy it was extremely painful . He kind of knew it was his time and just laid on our laps while he was going to sleep . I like to think he knew how painful it was to us and tried to make it easier for us. I felt he had been my true friend for so long that it would not be right to have him suffer anymore than he had to just because I wanted more time with him . We had him cremated and planted a tree with his ashes in the front yard . You will know when the time is right .

I am sad for your loss. The UPS man ran my yellow Lab over in my driveway in March. I received my T5 lights fixture that day, and every time I look at those stupid lights I think about how I could have prevented her from dying. She was 14, we will miss her in our Christmas photo this year.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support :'( we greatly appreciate it. We will make his time left with us memorible for him and spoil him to no end. I have already bought him 5 steaks and will cook them for him everynight maybe some mashed potatoes too

Mike, I don't know what to say. :'( Love him and hug him and be there for him. Put your nose in his coat and inhale his scent as often as you can. Try not to let him see you too upset (that's the hardest part) so that he may find some peace within. Let him know it's ok - and you will know when the time comes.

My hugs and prayers go out to you and Kim. :'(

Thank you Wendy. we are all taken back by this. the vet said this type of cancer is hard to find until it is to late. This is the worst part of pet ownership. Even our beagle as spiteful as she is knows something is wrong and will not leave his side I feel for her too she will miss him.

Mike, so sorry to hear, it's a tough thing to go through, just spend as much time as you can with him and cherish every moment. Our hearts go out to you.

Well The Time has come and this is one of the hardest decisions we had to make. But we could not stand to see our loving dog melt down to nothing. Our dog was the best friend we could ever ask for he will be greatly missed by us all. We love you Midnight God speed and we will play fetch when we meet up again.. :'( :'(

Midnight.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh soooo sorry to hear that Midnight's time has come. That's a very nice tribute.

:'( :'( :'(

Mike, Kim,

I'm hugging you both from here. I'm sitting here crying,.....

All my love to you guys.
Midnight will never really leave you. That much I know for sure.

Please know you're both in my hearts. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I don't know what to say, there's nothing anyone can say as the pain is so so real. :'( :'(

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember when I had to put my pit down its horrible to loose such a great family member. I hope all the best for you and your family.

Premilove