• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sad face

Did NOT know that clown fish are jumpers... and quick dier's(if thats even a word) at that. Was blowing stuff off the rocks in my tank for possibly 15 seconds after i was watching my clowns and i turn around and hes on the floor. tried putting him in the water but it was just too late :( second loss of the tank.

Egg crate... on my list of things to grab from HD... for when I eventually put a fish in my tank... It's fishlessness (top that one) lol

That stinks... sorry to hear ;(

I had a chainlink eel in a tank years ago.. (it was my oldest son's) and he found it in the morning on the floor... of course, I'm not so sure about that one. Cat was licking her chops sitting next to it and it was missing it's face... but I'd like to think it got out, and the cat just had a snack... :'( he was pretty upset. Still talks about it to this day..

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well that's a terrible way to go. Sorry about your loss.

Ive been to all the home depot's and lowes' around and no one has eggcrate... i have a glass top but it has a black connector where it flods up and its right across the entire tank creating a really ugly shadow...

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Did you check the lighting section? It is actually lighting grate.

Ill have to check next time... i kinda wandered around for a while and proceded to ask the people working who stared at me like i was insane hahah

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think the actually term for it is Light Diffuser...that might help, it will be in the drop ceiling area....

Sorry to hear about your fish...I think we have all learned the egg crate lesson.

Meh, shtuff happens. Live and learn.

Turns out my home depot doesnt like me seeing as they didnt have any Light Diffusers in stock or 5gal water jugs :p oh well.

On a lighter note no one has clownfish aside from tomatoes in the area -go figure- so friday im buying a replacement. After that i dont really know what fish i want to get, any suggestions? 30gal tank so nothing really huge :p

30gallon is a nice size - nothing to ":p" about. I would think you could get a fish for the "lower" strata (e.g. a goby) and perhaps another dither fish (e.g. something that likes the open water column).

btw - depending on how far the fish fell from the top of the tank to where you picked it up - it could have just been trauma/internal injuries- rather than just it "suffocating" or anything.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Depending on where you're located, I have some spare eggcrate I could give ya.

I live next door to billyr in cherry hill :p kind of a big shadow on my tank living next to that XD and i never really thought of the fall to kill it tho it is quite possible being about 4 1/2 to 5 ft from the ground

After i replace my clownfish i was thinking of getting a yellow watchman goby... do you think that would be fine in my tank? i know that the diamond gobys need a more established tank so that they can eat things in the sand bed but dont know what the yellow watchmen eat. also would one of those be fine with a sand sifter star or is a sand sifter alright to put in a reef tank? thanks.

Woot woot... Lowes had the eggcrate.. cut it and it fits perfectly even around the multitude of junk on the back of my tank :)

Welp i guess it should be sadhappy face now...

Today i got a misbar onyx clown from Aq center and a yellow watchman + starfish from Valuepet

Sadface part is breaking my nose yesterday haha

WEll my tank is haunted. woke up with a dead clown(the new one) wedged in between the glasss and the heater. yaay. and the starfish hasnt moved in any way. seems as if he yellow watchman is doing good though. so 1/3... losing record for that purchase.