• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sad face

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Xavier613 said:
WEll my tank is haunted. woke up with a dead clown(the new one) wedged in between the glasss and the heater. yaay. and the starfish hasnt moved in any way. seems as if he yellow watchman is doing good though. so 1/3... losing record for that purchase.

Xavier

How long did you acclimate them?

Bob

Xavier613 said:
WEll my tank is haunted. woke up with a dead clown(the new one) wedged in between the glasss and the heater. yaay. and the starfish hasnt moved in any way. seems as if he yellow watchman is doing good though. so 1/3... losing record for that purchase.

Boy does that suck. Maybe you need to acclimate longer, i Drip mine for 1.5 hours slowly before anything goes in my tank. But i would also double check your water parameters

Harry

before i put them in i checked and
Ph-8.2
Nitrate-5
nitrite-0
ammonia-0
Cal-a bit high but not enough for isntant death @ 480
and thats all the tests i have.

btw the starfish is alive just extremely lazy lol.
so yellow watchman im presuming is fine, see his head peeking out every once in a while and starfish is lazy... clown still lost. was really awesome looking too, half black with unconnected white splotches instead of bars. :(

I acclimate them in the bag in the tank temperature for an hour then add 1/2 cup of tank water into the bag every 10 mins for another hour and a half.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Xavier613 said:
I acclimate them in the bag in the tank temperature for an hour then add 1/2 cup of tank water into the bag every 10 mins for another hour and a half.

That must be one giant bag! ;)

You should really try drip acclimating. Pouring a 1/2 cup of water into a bag really isn't acclimating, that's a lot of water going into a small area in one shot. You can try taking an airline hose, fasten it to your tank, start a siphon through it and then tie a knot in the end...You can loosen or tighten the knot depending on how fast you want to drip. Or you can just put an airline valve on the end and adjust the flow that way (which IMO works best).

Brian said:
Xavier613 said:

That must be one giant bag! ;)

You should really try drip acclimating. Pouring a 1/2 cup of water into a bag really isn't acclimating, that's a lot of water going into a small area in one shot. You can try taking an airline hose, fasten it to your tank, start a siphon through it and then tie a knot in the end...You can loosen or tighten the knot depending on how fast you want to drip. Or you can just put an airline valve on the end and adjust the flow that way (which IMO works best).

I second that.

Ill do the drip acclimate from now on i guess but i doubt that is what made the clownfish cook itself or the other one jump. been acclimating like this for a long time.

btw bags usually like 16ish inches tall.