• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sandbed Diversity Program

I would really like to start a tradition of everyone that attends our monthly meetings brings a cup of sand from their system to the meeting. All the sand would be mixed together in one large container and then everyone would take out a cup to add back to their system. This will help all the members get more diversity in their systems which is extremely important. In addition any member starting a new system could economically seed their bed.

This is not a requirement to attend a meeting. It is just something everyone will benefit from. We did this once at the TRI meeting many months back and I think it should really become part of every meeting.

Starting from this upcoming March meeting forward anyone who is interested in participating please bring a cup of sand and any newbies don't forget to bring a cup, baggie etc. to take some back with you.

Carmine, sounds like a good idea but, I would inspect for flat worms before mixing. I'm not saying anyone would intentionaly bring them but in light of the situation at Malcolm's you can't be to careful.

Bob,
I was thinking the same thing. But it is a good idea. And it isn't like we can do a freshwater dip on a cup of sand.

Tracey

Good idea, Carmine but I think it could create more problems then then it's worth. I wouldn't advise it...but then again that's just my opinion and you're still The Man!

Alan

Alan where you been buddy. Everyone is awaiting the back issues of NJRC's offical mag ;D.
I agree there could be some risk. Hopfully a fellow member wouldn't participate if they knew they had undesireables. Thats why at the meetings we will just put out a bucket and whoever wishes to participate can.

SeaStar said:
Alan where you been buddy.
Carmine, I've been right here waiting for you to come over. As for the mag, you'll have to excuse me but I've been extremely busy lately but the new issues will be coming soon, bigger and better then ever.

Alan