• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sanity Check on my 20G Hex Reef

I'm about two months into a 20G Hex reef I setup at work. I was originally going to do a softy only tank, but after my boss saw my 210G SPS dominated setup, she wanted some "pretty sticks".

I'm interested in comments on husbandry for this tank.

I have about 20# of LR that came out of an established system. I have a few small zoa colonies, a couple small LPS frags and a couple of SPS frags. I'm using a 175W DE MH (20K). I have a small power head in the tank and a hang on back filter for running carbon.

I'm doing 25% water changes every two weeks and changing the carbon monthly. I'm not dosing anything at this point.

Fish: small ocellaris, 6-line, and a fire fish.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

i have a 29 hex with many morphs of zoanthids in it. I do not have any fish tho. What kind of light are you using? can i suggest that u get some more powerheads? what i did to create flow was have one powerhead facing one way pointing towards the slanted side and another facing the back of the tank on the opposite side, facing a slant. i also kept a powerhead towards the bottom of the tank to remove some junk from the bottom.