• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Screen building help

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey guys. Anyone really good at building screens? I have a jump guard and I always screws it up but making it too tight or too loose. Could use some help in Matawan nj 07747

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Dude just order a custom one. That coast to coast deserves it and it will be better in the long run. Look into octoaquatics.

Dude just order a custom one. That coast to coast deserves it and it will be better in the long run. Look into octoaquatics.
This really is the best answer. I wouldn't mess around with some janky thing on a tank that nice. Going forward maybe for the house, put a brick or a paint can in the middle of it the screen before you do the spline. Perfect every time

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hey guys. Anyone really good at building screens? I have a jump guard and I always screws it up but making it too tight or too loose. Could use some help in Matawan nj 07747
My wife put mine together as I was getting to frustrated with it not being taught. If she wasn't going away for a week could have rented her out to build the screen....LOL

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have the DND jumpguard but it took forever to make. I didnt want to drop $400+ on a lid. I dropped $75 instead and saved money for corals and fish

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@mikem through like a boss!!!!! Netting is up. And now tomorrow is apex and electric !!!!

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Printing these for the power bricks and mp controllers
IMG_5952.png