• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SCUBA Dive Training and Certificaton

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
UDI has their own pool as well and their price is going to be hard to beat.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm still interested in the refresher course...I'm going diving the first week of July so that would be perfect!

I'll give UDI a call... I just spoke to Dosils... they wanted $349 plus book $55 and DVD 36.

I think that's going to be too much...

Eric

malulu

NJRC Member
depends on the timing of the class, i MAY have my 11 (boy) and 14 (girl) coming with me. they have summer camp.
thx all for the help to make this going to be happen soon...
;D

I called back...

It's around $60 (refresher class)

the student takes a quiz to see what they remember - then spends about 1-2 hours in the water with instructor practicing skills.

there is no specific schedule

Eric

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
For anyone that is attending the class. I can lend you my equipment to save you $350.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sams Club has mask/fins/snorkels for the kids for 35$ that will save you a great chunk of change. They only go up to sizes 1-4. We have these and they would be fine for scuba.

They also have an adult snorkeling set.

You'll probably want to replace it with better stuff for your checkout dives, but it will get you started with lower startup costs.