• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sea Slugs?

Was wondering if anyone on this forum had any experience with Sea Slugs. I saw really awesome looking one the other day and was wondering how hard could these this be to keep alive?
The sea slug below is called Chromodoris kuniei just one of the coolest things yet

chromodoris-kuniei-1.jpg

i dont know how hardy they are or if they are hard to keep ,,,but if they die they can take your tank with them (very toxic when they die) my 2 cents is i stay away from them for that reason ,,,but they are awesome looking some of the coolest looking things under the sea

They do not belong in our tanks. Too fragile with a specialized diet that is almost never reef safe (sponges, corals etc). The only exception to this would be the berghia nudibranch i]Aeolidiella stephanieae[/i] and the lettuce type Tridachia crispata.

I would consider maintenance of nudibranchs as advanced reefkeeping. First you need to be aware of it's diet. Second you need to be sure it doesn't get diced up by your pumps. Third if it dies - there's a good chance it will nuke your tank.