• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Seaklear

There's a big thread on rc about it. Just do a search for "lanthanum chloride" and you will find it. I have used it in the past with success. The key is to dose it slowly and use a 10 micron filter sock. If any of the precipitate gets in the dt it can irritate you the gills of your fish especially tangs. If you're going to try it make sure you get "Seaklear phosphate remover for pools" and not the one that says "CR" on it. That one is diluted and costs more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I plan on going very slow.

I am ditching my biopellets, they keep fading my corals so I am done with them.
I am going to see what my levels are after removing the pellets and go from there. I know people across the pond are having good success with it and it is more cost effective then gfo so we will see.

Why did you stop using it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I stopped because my po4 problem went away and felt more comfortable using gfo despite the cost difference. I started to notice some white hazing on my glass and that is a known side effect of using it. I would suggest using gfo to lower po4 to the range you want it at and then use seaklear as maintenance to keep it low. I know several guys that do a weekly maintenance dose.

I stopped because my po4 problem went away and felt more comfortable using gfo despite the cost difference. I started to notice some white hazing on my glass and that is a known side effect of using it. I would suggest using gfo to lower po4 to the range you want it at and then use seaklear as maintenance to keep it low. I know several guys that do a weekly maintenance dose.

That is what I was thinking about a weekly dose. Currently I am between. 02 &. 05 depending on the day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2