• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Securing frags

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Does anyone know the name /kind/ brand of putty that is sold at Lowes or Home Depot that I can use to glue some frags? Andy mentioned it yesterday but I don't remember. Thanks

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Ed,
Yeah, I remember him saying that but thought it could only be purchased online. I'll have to check when I'm there later today. Thanks.

What do you mean by underwater gluing?

If you mean can you place it somewhere underwater and stick something into it while underwater, yes you can. It has about a 15 minute window to play with it. You blend out itside the water, or you can under the water. Can be a pain to work with being that sometimes you need to hold the rock or larger thing in place so it holds. Frag mounting is easy.

One note, this will make your skimmer go NUTS!

For frags, crazy glue works great.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
jrod, yes i meant gluing while underwater. i have some frags that i want to glue to a piece of rock that isn't movable. this would require me to glue the frag while in the water.

i use locktite for gluing frags to plugs which works well