• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Share a pic here please

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Wanted to share this overhead shot I just took through a viewer, using filtered glasses over my iPhone lens

Let’s see some current picture on here folks! Maybe we can get POTM going again…
POTM was halted so there were funds for Zoom meetings. I managed POTM and am willing to again if the BOD agrees.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Here is a little tinkering with a free app can do so for you. This is what it would look like if it was just under the violets and deep blues from reefbrites.
Not to hi-jack but this is why I don't trust on-line sales. Easy to tamper with filters to make the coral look impressive.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Not to hi-jack but this is why I don't trust on-line sales. Easy to tamper with filters to make the coral look impressive.
There are a few sponsors on R2R that I trust that I will get a wysiwyg

I had bought an app called Aquarium Cam. Every time I tried to use it, the corals always look terrible. I just don't even both ....shoot straight out of the camera/phone is just easier and don't adjust

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member

I had bought an app called Aquarium Cam. Every time I tried to use it, the corals always look terrible. I just don't even both ....shoot straight out of the camera/phone is just easier.
I also downloaded some app for taking pics of the tank. The filter was great my corals looked fantastic once you manipulate the pic.

I had bought an app called Aquarium Cam. Every time I tried to use it, the corals always look terrible. I just don't even both ....shoot straight out of the camera/phone is just easier and don't adjust
I have that app, don’t use it too much but when i do i try to use the adjustments to match what i see and filter the blue out. But now i mostly use the orange glasses that have the blue lenses and shoot my pictures through that.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have that app, don’t use it too much but when i do i try to use the adjustments to match what i see and filter the blue out. But now i mostly use the orange glasses that have the blue lenses and shoot my pictures through that.
That is exactly what i did with the above photos....shot through sunglass. I have T5 lighting. Maybe one day I'll install LED. Right now the SPS are doing well

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
That is exactly what i did with the above photos....shot through sunglass. I have T5 lighting. Maybe one day I'll install LED. Right now the SPS are doing well
If its working why change lights. I went LED really should have gone with T5's like I did initially.