• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Shipping Weirdness

radiata

NJRC Member
Earlies this week I, and a fellow reefer, placed an fish & invert order with NYAquatic. The dollar total was $400. NYAquatic is in Yonkers. They ship via UPS Nest Day Air for $22. The $22 shipping is less than I would pay for gas and tolls to go there myself - I'm an hour away in North Jersey.

So the shipment was due to arrive before 11:30AM yesterday morning. It didn't show up until 5:00PM. Seems the UPS Next Day Air actually requires the shipment be put on a airplane. I don't know the originating airport, but from a sticker on the box it went to Philadelphia.

There was also yellow tape on the box resealing it. The tape said the shipment had been opened for inspection, probably at the originating airport.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I’m in Monmouth County and I also do next day air with NY aquatic. Mine hasn’t been on an airplane

Earlies this week I, and a fellow reefer, placed an fish & invert order with NYAquatic. The dollar total was $400. NYAquatic is in Yonkers. They ship via UPS Nest Day Air for $22. The $22 shipping is less than I would pay for gas and tolls to go there myself - I'm an hour away in North Jersey.

So the shipment was due to arrive before 11:30AM yesterday morning. It didn't show up until 5:00PM. Seems the UPS Next Day Air actually requires the shipment be put on a airplane. I don't know the originating airport, but from a sticker on the box it went to Philadelphia.

There was also yellow tape on the box resealing it. The tape said the shipment had been opened for inspection, probably at the originating airport.
For just one hour drive I would definitely take that over shipment especially knowing that the fish are safer with me!!

Same thing happened to me I ordered a unicorn tang from Ny aquatic on thursday paid $30 for ups overnight shipping and had a delivery window of 1-5pm. It arrived at 3pm was still alive little beat up but yea not sure why they are not offering before 12pm delivery. I too live in northern NJ and the gas and tolls are more than what I would pay in shipping. Next time might be worth to pick them up because it’s a long time for fish to be in a bag idk. We’ll see how this guy doesn

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
I wonder if with all the holiday packages their being re-routed to less busier hubs and that's why their on a plane.
Has anyone contacted them to see if there's a reason?

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
You shouldn’t buy any livestock in December.
Shipping is horrible with all the holiday packages.

If possible you should always pick up coral/fish
And avoid shipping. Corals don’t like to sit in box in the cold.