• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Should I use this RODI water ?

So i changed up my water change setup and added new ro plastic lines. The new lines are NSF 51 and 61 rated, and is the standard blue tubing. It is made by aquaticlife.

I made 50 gallons of saltwater with the new tubing and i now noticed that the new water smells like plastic. The plastic smell is from the new tubing. I am thinking I am okay to use it since it is nsf rated, but it makes me nervous. What are your thoughts?

I'd toss that first batch of water, just to be on the safe side.

Think in terms of putting your reef at risk to save a little water and salt.

I'm hardly an expert. However, the instructions that came with my new BSR RO/DI system says to run the system for at least an hour to flush out any residual compounds and to dump all that water as waste. Also, to flush it for 10 mins before each use if it has been idle (I guess when not used with an ATO), and after changing carbon blocks or membranes.

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapatalk while in The Cone of Silence