• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Shroom question?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Cris-

When I frag shrooms I just take scissor and cut it as close the base as possible. Try and do it fast though.. Once you touch it it will start shrinking and be harder to cut.

Then I put it in to one of those specimen containers you hang on the tank and add some lr rubble as well. In about a week (or less) it usually takes hold of one of the pieces.

Or you can take a piece of tool (lace) and lightly wrap the mushroom to a rock and let take hold like that.

C

concept3

If you don't want to frag it, you can dig under the "root" of the mushroom's foot, but this involves taking the rock out of the water to do it effectively and cleanly. The loose mushroom will take a foothold somewheres else if you let it free float in the tank. Lace it down like Brian said...

i take shrooms of the rock with my dremel & tile bit :)
i just cut underneath & take the piece of rock with it,
cuz i just hate the way they smell when u cut them.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
steve68 said:
cuz i just hate the way they smell when u cut them.

I know what you mean!!!! Kinda like a burnt tongue in an electrical box huh?

i just break a piece of the rock or i take it from the bottom and star to peel it off but you have to deal with that stinky smell for a while