• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Since we're talking TV... LOST anyone?

I have a love/hate relationship with this show, similar to the Sopranos.
Although, trying to figure out what's going on, what's going to happen next, really does keep me thinking and wanting more.

It's my one hour of adult programming a week LOL (well ocassionaly Hero's when I remember to watch it)

I absolutely loved the show when it started, lately it's getting fairly cheesy and seems like the writers either lost their way (pun intended) or have no idea where they are going with it... however after already giving it so many hours of my life I feel like I have to keep watching LOL

Love this show. Not as good this year, but I'm still hanging in there and it's improving. ABC really screwed up with the huge break in the middle this year. I heard that next year they will do all 23 episodes in a row with no break.

This and House are the only shows that we go out of our way to see. But then we just discovered the Tudors on Showtime too...

debfife said:
I have a love/hate relationship with this show, similar to the Sopranos.
Although, trying to figure out what's going on, what's going to happen next, really does keep me thinking and wanting more.

I love LOST, but I have the same love/hate thing going on. I love the show, but I hate the breaks.

Who else thinks Locke is a badass?

Locke has always been one of my favorites, but now I'm not really sure what to think about him. I don't really blame him for not wanting to leave the island. He didn't have a good life back in the US.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, Locke is the man. How can you not love that crazy old bastard!?!

Like other shows, I wish they would start wrapping up some of the stories instead of dragging them on...

I want to know what that black cloud thing is already!!

Locke is the man, coolest character on the island now that they killed of Eco.

Never get tired of looking at Sawyer.

Sick of Kate...she needs to go...and Charlie.

Want to see more of Sun, Jin, Sayid & Desmond.

Juliette is evil and Jack has gotten too pompous.

Good epi last night!

Sorcha said:
Locke is the man, coolest character on the island now that they killed of Eco.

Never get tired of looking at Sawyer.

Sick of Kate...she needs to go...and Charlie.

Want to see more of Sun, Jin, Sayid & Desmond.

Juliette is evil and Jack has gotten too pompous.

Good epi last night!

I love Locke. I just want to hug him and go do badass things together like hunting boar in the jungle or setting super awesome booby traps to ward out the Others.

Yes, Sawyer is definitely fine, but I love the play between him and Hurley.

I'm not entirely sick of Kate, but I'm sick of them dragging out her "secret" about killing who she killed. We get it already; we don't need to be continually beaten over the head with that plot point! Gash! And I'm tired of being hit on the head with the whole Charlie going to die thing.

I want to see more Sun/Jin, but, given my preference, I'd rather see more of Sayid or Desmond, especially Des. There's something that wonderfully warm and welcoming about Desmond, just like Locke from early to mid season 1. It's like Desmond, just like Locke, is at peace with whatever srange events in his life that flung him on the island and into that strange existence. But it's an odd sort of tragic acceptance and peace.

And Juliette..... Juliette, Juliette, Juliette. What can I say about Juliette? She's so nice, and so sweet. But, on the same token, she's a deadly, deadly thing to have been allowed to waltz right into camp. But, I think she plays so nicely with Jack. It's a nice sort of picking away at what Jack's become, so I don't mind his seemingly pompous attitude at the moment. I think Juliette's undermining will eventually bring it all down.

And, yes, it was an awesome episode last night!

As stated this year is truely lacking.

Agree that they need to clear up some open ends.

Where the hell is Michael? Leaves the island and....nothing!
Polar Bear, what has become of it?

Candi said:
to lazy to check the internet, maybe I missed an episode... but wasn't Sun pregnant? What happened?

... uh.... sweetie.... Sun got pregnant on the island well into their life on the island..... and they've only been there for three or four months as I recall. So, at the most, she's probably in her second or third month (*since the first month saw her being all up in Michael's game).

.... but that also does bring up the point of wtf happened to Michael and Walt?

I realize she shouldn't be waddling around yet or showing lol but I just meant that it's never been mentioned again that I recall in ages, and with the whole reveal of every woman who gets pregnant on the island dying yesterday it made me wonder.

Candi said:
I realize she shouldn't be waddling around yet or showing lol but I just meant that it's never been mentioned again that I recall in ages, and with the whole reveal of every woman who gets pregnant on the island dying yesterday it made me wonder.

Sun had asked Kate to keep it a secret and tell no one.

So, as far as I was concerned, I just kind of shrugged it off.

Although, wouldn't that just suck to be Sun if she suddenly woke up one day with a huge swollen belly and waddled around the island. Instant prenancy!

Every week me & wifey try not to watch but we always end up watching, then wonder why we watch it every week.

It's a great show, but we're just so tired of all these "cliffhangers" that go nowhere

Same thing with 24, although that's been great this season

I wonder what the significance is between the woman that gave Desmond Penny's ring and the monk. Or is it something they just threw into last nights episode just because they could.

Sun is pretty newly pregnant, but I think there's a good chance that she got pregnant before the crash. She could easily have been there 6 weeks and not know it. She was leaving Jin and was planning to make her escape when he gave her a flower at the airport and she changed her mind. The "whose the Daddy?" question is still hanging, though she's told Jin it's his. And it's not a secret since she finally told Jin, I remember Sawyer congratulating him.

But she's in trouble now...Claire and Rousseau are the only pregnant woman to have survived on the island. No idea how Rousseau did, just know she said she was pregnant when she crashed.

And Michael...that's payback from the Producers. When they wrote the character off the island they planned to bring him & Walt back in flashbacks and wind it in with others' backstories. But the actor (Harold Perrineau) was pissed and refused to come back and do anything for the show. So...no mention of Michael anymore. Which is stupid...get past that the actor might be an ass and remember the story.

Totally missed that the monk had a picture of the jeweler that tried to talk Desmond out of buying the ring for Penny. What's up with that??

Oh goodie...another new character. That's good...cause we're all caught up on the ones we have. ::)

Sorcha said:
And Michael...that's payback from the Producers. When they wrote the character off the island they planned to bring him & Walt back in flashbacks and wind it in with others' backstories. But the actor (Harold Perrineau) was pissed and refused to come back and do anything for the show. So...no mention of Michael anymore. Which is stupid...get past that the actor might be an ass and remember the story.

Yeah, that's just dumb. I mean, look at Ethan. They killed him and look at how important of a character he's become in the events leading up to everyone getting on the island? He's been everywhere in the past!

The lady in the pilot suit had the book "Catch 22" written in Portugese. Remeber at the end of I think season two with the 2 guys sitting in the control room and they are Portugese. Wonder if Penny sent this lady for Desmond.

When Sayid and Sawyer had Julia backed up against the tree and asking her questions, there was a symbol on the tree behind her. Any ideas on that? Thought at first it looked like the tattoo but no.

The symbol on the tree when they had julia against it was the same symbol that they branded her back with.

Here's a little more info on the book
In 3x17, "Catch-22", Desmond and crew find a backpack apparently dropped from the parachutist who bailed from the sputtering helicopter. Included is a book titled ARDIL-22. This is the Portuguese version of Catch-22, a book by Joseph Heller. It's important to note that the two men in the listening station were speaking Portuguese.

From the publisher: Catch-22 is set in the closing months of World War II, in an American bomber squadron on a small island off Italy. Its hero is a bombardier named Yossarian, who is frantic and furious because thousands of people he hasn't even met keep trying to kill him. (He has decided to live forever even if he has to die in the attempt.)

Cool - never noticed the symbol on the tree.

What was up with last night's episode though? Locke had to kill his father to find acceptance with The Others? That's a little hard core...talk about peer pressure. Messed up that he dragged Sawyer back to do it for him...and that he did. Saw that one coming from too far away and hoped they would have a twist there somehow.

Definitely headed for some Lord of the Flies moments soon.