• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Skimmer Help Please!!!

Hello NJRC im currently deabting on which 2 skimmer i should purchase. im thinking between the Reef Octopus DNWB-110 4" Recirculating Protein Skimmer or the Bubble Magus BM-NAC5A 80-135 Gallons. If any one has any better skimmers then this 2 in mind can you please tell me. Also i would like to know the good and bads on both skimmers thanks ^_^

I have a couple of the Reef Octopus® 6″ Recirculating Skimmer running on my coral tanks for 2 years now. Havent had any problems with them and they pull some pretty funky skimmate.

Code:
SWC cone skimmer,great skimmer and low price . I picked mine up from Will at AO,sponsor. He has them running on his system so you can see what they pull out. Seeing is believing,lol,.

I ran a reef octopus hurricone cat 2 on my 180 and it was awesome! Their support is best I've ever experienced.

My cousin runs a bub mag 180a On his tanka and loves it though. Me personally I'd go with the reef octopus

After doing search on both skimmers i came to a conclusion and will be going with the Bubble Magus BM-NAC5 skimmer. The reason why i went with the Bubble Magus BM-NAC5A is because later on i will upgrade to a bigger tank maybe a 100G or 120G or even a 125G so i wont have to spend money on another skimmer when i can use the same skimmer over again on the new tank.

After doing search on both skimmers i came to a conclusion and will be going with the Bubble Magus BM-NAC5 skimmer. The reason why i went with the Bubble Magus BM-NAC5A is because later on i will upgrade to a bigger tank maybe a 100G or 120G or even a 125G so i wont have to spend money on another skimmer when i can use the same skimmer over again on the new tank.

Don't want to appear like I'm beating a dead horse here, but if you were to join the club and get involved with the GB, you would save more than enough to pay for the membership, if all you bought was the skimmer.

Don't want to appear like I'm beating a dead horse here, but if you were to join the club and get involved with the GB, you would save more than enough to pay for the membership, if all you bought was the skimmer.

I might just that btw which sponsers have the skimmer im looking for do you know by any chance?

Last edited:
I am currently running a bubble magus nac7 cone skimmer. i will never buy another skimmer! dead silent! i mean when i plugged it in i had to look at it to make sure it was running. it pulls some nasty stuff!! all around great skimmer, and the price is perfect!

oh, and there is a mod for the nac7. which i plan on doing, even though it pulls out some nasty s**t as is, but it seems this mod makes the skimmer even more beastly!