• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

skimmer pump need help

I have a HSN (I really don't remember the brand except something like that but not Home Shopping Network) it is a small skimmer with aquabee UP2000 pump. the pump is running but very noisy in my taste. anyone know any alternative pump that can be 1 to 1 swap with aquabee UP2000? I have SPK1000 pump from my last built but I don't think it would fit.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP.
Olivier

Sounds like it may need a cleaning, or less likely broken impeller. If you take the cap off where the water goes in and, either unscrew the thing-a-ma-jig or just pull the impeller out - it looks like a paddle wheel - then soak it in water and part vinegar and clean it up well.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Olivier, I believe you have an H&S skimmer. HERE is the RC site that specifically talks about this skimmer. I'm not going to read all these, but a quick skim looks like people have mod'ed the skimmer to fit other pumps. Good luck.

Olivier, I believe you have an H&S skimmer. HERE is the RC site that specifically talks about this skimmer. I'm not going to read all these, but a quick skim looks like people have mod'ed the skimmer to fit other pumps. Good luck.

Paul,
thank you for helping.
I read all message and can not find anything that I can do for my skimmer.

I am now at the option of either buy the another aquabee pump or buy a newskimmer.
OMGour webste so badddddd slow.