• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

skimz impeller cracked...less than 1.5yrs old

ryanpal

NJRC Member
hey guys, my skimz stopped working today. after pulling out the impeller it seems that the plastic part cracked and no longer functions. after looking online for a replacement, it seems these things are $87!

this was purchased on 11/8/14 and now won't be covered under 1 year warranty. anyone have any other options, suggestions etc.? perhaps i can find cheaper replacements???

any help is appreciated.

What size pump? Mine died on my leopard 253. Was hoping it was just the impeller and bought a new one. Turned out to be the pump. I'm going to sell the skimmer body and impeller.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

ryanpal

NJRC Member
hi guys, this skimmer uses the es2800 pump. i'm working with support on getting a new one, we'll see how it turns out.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
looks like support isn't helping me on this one. guess i'll have to strongly consider buying their products in the future.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
See if you can fit a sedra 2500 on it. I have a brand new one you can have.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The Edna ES pumps are Junk. That is why I sold my 251 Cone Skimmer as is. Great skimmer but the pumps are Junk!!!!!

ryanpal

NJRC Member
See if you can fit a sedra 2500 on it. I have a brand new one you can have.

i appreciate that. i didnt see your post so i called bulk reef supply long story short, instead of getting the impeller ($87), i ended up getting a new pump. i must say BRS is quite the company. skimz support (will probably never purchase again btw) wanted to sell my the part at full price. BRS offered to give me a new pump at their cost. keep in mind, i didnt even buy the pump skimmer from BRS...it was purchased on ebay. i can say that i've never had a bad experience with BRS...a great company to deal with.