• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sleeper goby

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I do like my new yellow head sleeper goby but....

My water is now always cloudy and coral I have to clean daily. It takes a mouth full of sand swims half way up the tank and back out it goes. Blowing sanding every where. :mad_new:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I don't how you caught it cause this thing is as fast as lightning. However, will hang on to it for awhile and see how it goes as I just picked it up Sunday.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I knew where his cave was, when he came out, I took my siphone hose gravel cleaner thing, it's shaped like a vacuum on the end and put it in front of his cave so that he could get under it but the back would prevent him from going in. Hard to explain but I guess he couldn't see it since it was clear, a scared him and he went for the cave, once he went under the siphone I pushed it down to close him in there and that's how i did it.

You can try making a fish trap from a soda bottle, I'm sure YouTube has videos on them but basically it's a soda bottle with top cut off, reversed, secured ( you can punch holes and zip tie it ) and a small hole cut near the bottom to squirt food into the trap with a pipette. Works best when the tank hasn't been fed in a few days.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
You can try making a fish trap from a soda bottle, I'm sure YouTube has videos on them but basically it's a soda bottle with top cut off, reversed, secured ( you can punch holes and zip tie it ) and a small hole cut near the bottom to squirt food into the trap with a pipette. Works best when the tank hasn't been fed in a few days.
I made a soda trap before. Thanks.