• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

slipper coral concern

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just noticed that my slipper coral is getting these white things on it. I tried blowing them off but no luck. Does anyone know what is going on with it? Sorry for the crappy pics.

566_25_03_08_10_50_31.jpg

566_25_03_08_10_49_40.jpg

Thanks,
Mark

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Definitely looks like we're seeing the skeletal structure through the flesh. Not a very happy slipper right now. Check your magnesium, nitrates, PH and if they all look good, adjust the flow to it. Try more/less flow/light.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Don't dose magnesium so I don't test. I attempt a 5g or6g water change every week. If I miss then the following week I do 10g. I thought the salt would replace the trace elements during the water changes. I moved both power heads to the back and aimed them towards the front center. I also moved the slipper to the left front. The only possible thing is that my coral banded shrimp is picking at it when stealing food. Any thoughts on the latter?