• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SMCooler (Stan "THE man")

We took our first trip to Stan's yesterday, and my jaw has still not recovered from hanging wide open. His tank is a reefer's dream! I've never seen such a great variety of unbelievably gorgeous corals all at once.

The frags Stan sells are extremely healthy and well cared for....many of them quite rare, too. :eek:

A must see for fellow reefers. WOW.

Thanks a million, Stan. For everything! ;D

---
Wendy

I just have to get this off my chest.

Yesterday I met up with Stan at the NJRC Frag Swap. Just to let you all know, I had pre-ordered from him, and I trust him so much, that when I got there, I left my cooler/styrofoam box with him so I could walk around. In the meantime Stan "packed me up", and I had no desire/need to as much as check my order or look at my new babies.

Once I got home and began unpacking, my hands were trembling from the excitement. WOW I got some BIG, GORGEOUS, super colorful corals from him.

YOU ROCK, Stan. I'll be back. Time and time again, without hesitation. :)

smcooler

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Thanks again, I have about 15 new acro, tank cultured frags growing out for some freash new stock. 10 are from atl. Also have 5 different watermellon chalices and some other chalice hotties from Rommel that will be ready soon, so look for updates in my Forum.

stan

I went to Stans today... :eek:..The corals were amazing!!! Whatta great guy,terrific to deal with,He invited us to his home,took time with us,gave great deals,know ledgable,selection was outta this world,best kept secret in NJ.I'd go again and again and again. :) Im now the proud owner of several collector chalices ;)

I agree I've pick up some beautiful frags from Stan and since taking some of his advice, my corals are looking better and better.

I gotta laugh because SM Cooler is like folklore IMO. I hardly ever see pictures but there are lots of rave reviews. Where are the pictures? What I really want is a picture of his amazing tank. I guess I have to make the trip for this reward. Any pictures for us living room computer voyeurs Stan?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
chessmanmark said:
I gotta laugh because SM Cooler is like folklore IMO. I hardly ever see pictures but there are lots of rave reviews. Where are the pictures? What I really want is a picture of his amazing tank. I guess I have to make the trip for this reward. Any pictures for us living room computer voyeurs Stan?

LOL! Ask and ye shall receive: PICS from our last visit.

shipwrecked said:
I went to Stans today... :eek:..The corals were amazing!!! Whatta great guy,terrific to deal with,He invited us to his home,took time with us,gave great deals,know ledgable,selection was outta this world,best kept secret in NJ.I'd go again and again and again. :) Im now the proud owner of several collector chalices ;)

I have to agree with Tony on this one. I was with him and WOWWY :eek: :eek: amazing. Thank you Stan for the great coral! Good thing he had a chair down there cause i had to just sit and stair at the tanks :p Quality quality corals. you should hold tours for grade school kids they would learn alot

smcooler

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
chessmanmark said:

Folklore, thats the only one i have not heard yet. I kinda like it.

thanks all for the great comments and feedback, makes it all worth it. If you want to see more pix pm me your e-mail add i will send you a ton of shots.

smcooler said:
chessmanmark said:

thanks all for the great comments and feedback, makes it all worth it. If you want to see more pix pm me your e-mail add i will send you a ton of shots.

Oh i'll take some so i can make some backgrounds and a screensaver out of them. by the way what was the name of the coral i bought again LOL ::) ::)
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=11891.30

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hirobo said:
smcooler said:
chessmanmark said:

Oh i'll take some so i can make some backgrounds and a screensaver out of them. by the way what was the name of the coral i bought again LOL ::) ::)
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=11891.30

Hmmmm . . . that's a great idea. We can head to Stan's and get nice high quality FTS. Then I'll blow up it to actual size and replace that black background on my tank with it!

The problem with Stan's tank is that there is so much color that taking pictures of the tank is hard, so you have to do macro or sections, but when you look at the sections pictures, you get those black holes in it.

We all know that a camera does no justice to a coral, so you need to see it to appreciate it, just bring the sunglasses!

smcooler

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
someone with the right camera and skills is welcome to come over and take some shots hint hint....

stan

smcooler said:
someone with the right camera and skills is welcome to come over and take some shots hint hint....

stan

I dont know what im doing but can i come over with my sleeping bag and crash in the basement for a month? i'll take pictures LOL ::) ::)

JohnS_323 said:
chessmanmark said:

LOL! Ask and ye shall receive: PICS from our last visit.

Thanks. I'm fulfilled. The thread started as a teaser but delivered by the end.
smcooler said:
chessmanmark said:

It's fitting because you post sales without pictures and I haven't seen one complaint. The hobby, and NJ Reefers, are lucky to have you Stan. I was quite impressed with your donation to HVRK of NY as well this past October. I hope to meet you in person one day.

I'm sending you my e-mail. I'd like to see more pictures.