• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Snail eggs

So I just did a 5g water change on my 28G.... and a snail went up to the highest place in the rock and has been laying eggs right in the current of my koralia for about 15m still going at it

The whole tank is an egg mess... should I change my water tomorow? again

I guess I wont need more snails in the coming months....

I'll post video/pics later

...still going at it

Unlike freshwater snails (the ones that appear suddenly on live plants), saltwater inverts spawn and generally become part of the phytoplankton soup in the ocean (or in this case your tank). If they are lucky enough to dodge the skimmer and filter feeders and any other predators, they may end up becoming babies.

That stated - none of my snails (cerith, nerite, astereas/turbos) that have laid eggs, made it as babies.

On the other hand I have a ton of those limpets you see in the carribean. It started as one big hitcher and now they are all over my LR. I would imagine the anatomy of a limpet and a snail are similar so my point is that "it's possible".

Group buy on snails at your place next year? lol...

Well it stopped about 30 minutes later... but the whole tank was filled with eggs. They have all settled now.

1637.jpg

CAVIAR!! WOO HOO!

I've never seen any of my snails do that :( I saw someone on another board posted a really graphic video of that happening. Was really wild to watch!