• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

So Im going to be at bridgewater raritan high school tomm

My son made regional band. He is a hell of a french horn player. First practice is tomm 8-1. It's an hour ride. Either I'm going to sleep in my truck or find something to do. Any good fish stores in the area? Anyone wanna show off their tank?
I'm not supposed to cheat and listen to the rehearsal. So... Too far to drive home.
Open for ideas :)

Sorry, I'm at work or I'd say swing by. You may want to check out ocean gallery2 on 22 or a closer place is Fengs, call him with exact time you will be there.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The closest are what Zippy stated OG2 and Fengs.....right down 22 (and Feng's a mile off 22.) However, if you feel like a little bit of Italy, right around the corner from Bridgewater Raritan HS is Maggiano's....an Italian restaurant. Good food. I only pity you in that it is very close to Bridgewater commons mall and tomorrow is the busiest day of the year.

Go panthers! BRHS My old high school. Like the others said ocean gallery is the closest to you, I've never been able to get over to fengs but everyone says good things about him. And yeah good luck with trying to get near the commons this weekend. Go to the chimney rock inn on chimney rock rd., if you get out of there befor dark type into the GPS miller lane to go to white rock which is an overlook of the whole county

I played F.H. in High School - but we didn't have a marching band lol. Things are "different" when you go the "fame" high school in NYC. I was in Orchestra and Band (not- marching). BY the time I was in HS though the school was no longer in the location that movie/show was based on. We were across the street from Lincoln Center. Anyways I thought about it professionally but then I heard 300 people showed up for the one opening at the NY opera (which isn't even as good as the NY Philharmonic). So pretty much as a senior I knew I wasn't going to go that route...hahah. Anyways I loved that instrument - and love listening to songs that emphasize them. Hope your son enjoys it!

I *think* I recall meeting you and your son at the beach clean up event two years back. Anyways good luck with the rehearsal. If he's that good then it should be awesome. I'm stuck with a 7th grader who tries to play flute and let's say her musical talents border on ear plugs being a necessity LOL. She's a very good piano player though haha.

Yes we met 2 cleanups ago. Chris is doing well and honestly I'm hoping it gets him some money for school. He is talkng about being a doctor. I'll never retire.....

I feel for your finances. My bro graduated hs in 01 and just finished med school 6 months ago, only 350k in the hole :eek:

All the DRs I know who are working are doing fine. My entire family all have a strange infatuation with their children being a lawyer or doctor. My grades failed me so my parents let me off the hook LOL. Good luck.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
My brother makes six figures, has awesome benefits and works 2 days a week with a HS diploma. I worked my butt off to get a Masters degree and work 5 days a week. I think he got me beat :encouragement: ultimately it's what makes you happy that makes it all worth it.