• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

So... Who here dips?

Just wondering if anyone on here dips their new purchases, be it sps zoas palys etc. Havent had a tank in a few years so I'm assuming there are probably some new products out now. Just want to hear what you guys are using, if anything!

I use bayer on everything. Never lost a coral from the dip.

All you need is a couple of outbreaks until you start to dip everything.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I dip LPS and softies in either coral rx or revive. I also dip zoas/palys in peroxide on occasion. For SPS I usually use the Bayer unless it's a sensitive species.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Big +1 for Bayer Advanced Complete. I dilute 1 ml of Bayer for each 100 mils of tank water and leave the coral in there for about 15 minutes.

HERE is the video I originally used to get an understanding of this stuff for a coral dip. Note this author used 0.8 mls per 100…….I simply rounded it out to 1 per 100.

HERE is an older post where this same query was discussed.

I don't do an exact messurement on it. Its half a country crock container of sw to 10 mill bayer. I've gone a little stronger as well with no ill affect.

I go 15 min dip, 2 SW Rinses, Then tank.

I don't do an exact messurement on it. Its half a country crock container of sw to 10 mill bayer. I've gone a little stronger as well with no ill affect.

I go 15 min dip, 2 SW Rinses, Then tank.

Can I use " I can't believe it's not Butter " instead. LOL