• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Softies

Wondering if anybody got some cool softies they're looking to get rid of, mostly thinking something like this, which I believe is called red sea xenia. I know there are some that spread like crazy and just small heads, I believe the red sea kind is more condensed into stalks.. correct me if I'm wrong haha. I know, I know, xenia is awful.. but one man's trash, is another man's gorgeous tank.. Also, whose got a name for the second one?

20201204_150606.jpg
20201204_145532.jpg
Blue_Palm_Coral.jpg

It's funny, whenever I talk to people about softies, they tell me they got softies that grow so out of control they gotta throw it out every month. So I'm wondering if anybody got some nice big pieces they want to let go of before I spend $$$ at the LFS.

With that said, here are some of mine. Pardon the algae, it was a long week. Hell, it's been a long year.
20201202_171859.jpg20201127_181209.jpg20201119_123354.jpg20201204_162353.jpg20201204_162408.jpg20201204_162343.jpg20201204_162332.jpg

The first 2 pictures were taken from Sea Level Aquarium, along with this guy too. Pretty cool.
20201204_150704.jpg

They've expanded into the store next door. Mostly supplies. Pretty nice.

20201204_151926.jpg

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Xenia is my wife’s favorite coral. I had some in my old tank. You need to put it high in the tank and on a separate rock.
They will spread anyway and you will find
A chunk of Xenia on a urchin or snail nature finds a way and if you keep Xenia In Your tank it will spread it’s just a matter of time.

Last edited:
I think this is the second pic. I had a nice patch growing when I lived in MD that I got from the reef club there (WAMAS) but I lost it during the move to jersey.

I have a pink/purple toadstool I've been meaning to try to sell to clear some room. Probably 5-6" tall and 3-4" across on the top. Can send a pic if you are interested once the lights turn on later today.

I think this is the second pic. I had a nice patch growing when I lived in MD that I got from the reef club there (WAMAS) but I lost it during the move to jersey.

I have a pink/purple toadstool I've been meaning to try to sell to clear some room. Probably 5-6" tall and 3-4" across on the top. Can send a pic if you are interested once the lights turn on later today.

Maybe on the toadstool? Pictures, price and location please. :D

And thanks for identifying the cespitularia.

Salted

NJRC Member
See one kinda has the trunks, and the other just has little individual heads? Don't know haha.View attachment 33217View attachment 33218
Nice. I wouldn't mind a piece of that myself if it's a variety that stays under control. I've avoided xenia because of how it's such a spreader. I just got rid of my kenyan tree because of this. Well, that and it was blah brown. If I ever get a bigger tank I might try green or pink.

Nice. I wouldn't mind a piece of that myself if it's a variety that stays under control. I've avoided xenia because of how it's such a spreader. I just got rid of my kenyan tree because of this. Well, that and it was blah brown. If I ever get a bigger tank I might try green or pink.

I think I got a couple of stalks lined up, pricey though.. probably won't be able to pick up for another week or so. When that happens, if you want to split the rock, let me know :D

Salted

NJRC Member
“Pricy” doesn’t sound good for that right now. The sump I’m setting up is costing me way too much money. If I cut loose money it will be for another torch.

“Pricy” doesn’t sound good for that right now. The sump I’m setting up is costing me way too much money. If I cut loose money it will be for another torch.

I know the feeling. Since this is my softie only tank, this IS my torch haha. Again, one mans trash :eek:

Look at these softie wavy torches.. boneless torches?
20201206_111237.jpg

Last edited: