• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Solana 34 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I'm new to the club, and new to the hobby. I'd like to get in on the group buy but I'm in a quandry. I have Solana 34 tank, and was looking for a protein skimmer for it. Was looking at Tunze 9002 or Hydor Slim Skim NANO or Hydor Slim Skim (regular). Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated, as the group buy ends tomorrow.

Welcome to NJRC!
Is your Solana set up yet? Do you plan on running a sump, or are you looking to go inside the tank, or HOB? If you will be running a sump, what are the dimensions of the sump? Is there enough room in your stand for a Skimmer?

Hey Nikki, that's my brother...he hasn't set it up just yet. We were hoping to keep it simple without the sump and just use the rear chambers of the tank or if he has to use a hob.. Maybe down the road he will switch to running a sump but not in the plans right now, but there will be plenty of room in the stand.

I had read a lot of reviews on both the Tunze 9004 and 9002. Both got good to great (9002) reviews, but the one common drawback was the thin "flimzy" way they were made. There were a few comments about how the tops/bottoms or brackets would snap off. Did you have any such issues with your Tunze?

Although too big for your system, I have a Tunze 9011 that I've been using for a few years. The material of the outer case is on the flimsy side, but there is no denying its good performance. So, I think which ever one will best suit your system, would be a good investment.

There is a 9002 tunze on manhatten reef culb for sale and will fit in the back of your tank perfect. 100.00 a good buy

Status
Not open for further replies.