• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

sold - Dual 48" Orbit Marine Pro LED lights with remote and ramp timer. $130

Status
Not open for further replies.
2, 48” Orbit Marine Pro LED Lights with hanging kit. $150 Jackson - Includes 2 ramp timer remote controls. This dual fixture has one power supply and ramp timer pro controller. Remote controls both lights at the same time from the same controller. $150 Jackson 60 degree lenses allow great light penetration. With hanging kit. In pictures, hangers for my previous T5 lights are visible but are not for these.
Lights as used on my tank. fits 4' - 5' tanks. I set these on the aquarium ends. Note light penetration These lights can be secured together as below (with a temp light between below) for further stability or hanging. Note the large cooling fins
IMG_1526.JPGIMG_1531.JPG
Hanging kit in the box
IMG_4283.JPG

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
You're killing me. So tempted and trying different things. What coral did you grow under that?

I had anemones and soft corals. The picture was from just before I started shutting down, but after I sold the arch with 30 anemones on it. I kept the lights about 60% and on the shorted day preprogramed cycles. At the end, I added an 18" orbit Marine Pro for the back side opposite the overflow (this is for sale also on another thread). These lights ramp up with blue lights over a half hour in the morning and then ramp up the whites over the next half. After the programmed on time, the whited ramp down over a half hour and the blues ramp down and stay on at a lower setting for a while, letting you enjoy the fluorescence. These times, durations, and intensity can be adjusted. Blue and white are on different channels. These lights have 60 degree lenses, which allowed me to get them close to the front and back and allow reflected light to keep things well lit below. I liked them better than 4, T5s. I am moving and won't be able to set the tank back up. They would be best on a 4-1/2 foot tank but work on tanks between 4 and 5 feet. In my 4' tank, I would get some algae growing on the gyres.

I like full length lights. I had T5s before, but 4 bulbs cost about what I am asking for these lights, and they are good for about 18 months and use more power. I used these at about 60% setting. I only kept soft corals and anemones. With the large heat sinks, these will last, unlike some cheaper strip lights. The 60 degree lenses allow for deeper water penetration in my opinion. Best of all, as used, if you don't like them, you can recoup most of your money spent. I am listing them under value in my opinion because I am moving. The best part it the ramp timer to controll off and on times, ramping lights up, and allowing fine tuning white and blue levels.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
These are great light.
The currents had a bad rap in the past as they were a bit underpowered, but that's changed a lot in the past few years.
I had a setup like Mark's a few years back but I was on a 40b, so was using the 36" version of the same lights.
I had 2 at 70% or so each and the tank exploded.
Plus they're extremely low profile and have ramp timers built in (mine also had some remotes).
If these were 36" I'd pick them up myself.

I had the original orbit marines as well. They had 120 degree lenses. They were good for softies, but had to be kept too close to the water surface. The 120 degree lights meant that they did not penetrate well. Even so, They were great for my tank. The Orbit Marine Pro does not work with the loop system which Current USA is now pushing as a system. If they had made these lights 18", 30", 42" and 54" they would have been even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.