• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Something new appeared and idk what it could be

Today I noticed 4 little tubes approx 1 to 2 inches in length made of he substrate like if something cemented the sand and gravel together to make a pipe. I noticed these tubes randomly laying on the rock work and one stuck to the side of the urchin20191002_191638.jpg20191002_191626.jpg20191002_191613.jpg
Any ideas what it is what made it and what they do in it lol:indecisiveness:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Worm can make a tube and camouflage it with sand. It’s hard to view the photos. Is there a tube with sand or just a trail of sand?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
If it's a tube with sand on the outside, that is usually made by a worm. It camouflage the tube with sand. Now to find out which worm it is:ohnoes:

Looks like potentially Spaghetti worm, I have similar in my tank. Does one end of the worm let out like a white/clearish tentacle? If it does, its definitely spaghetti worm. From what I read you can remove them easily, but they are of no harm to the tank and I've left my 2 alone.