• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

something very cool to report.. everyone go look at your tank.

not sure if it has something to do with the lunar cycle. i noticed mass congregations of my micro brittle star fish.. there were HUNDREDS of them in clusters all over the tank, climbing all over the corals, coming out of every nook and cranny. as i'm watching this thinking this is weird, i started seeing them, little "clouds" coming off of alot of them. never seen a spawning event like this in these guys. pretty cool. just curious if this is isolated, or if anyone else has witnessed this before.

I noticed 100s of tiny snails each night out in my tank. Looks like rock salt all over my rock, very cool.

how did your corals respond jay? i know when my cleaner shrimp did the same, everything opened up dramatically. most things in my tank didn't respond as much as i thought they would have to the starfish spawning.

Corals are in recovery mode, so I didn't see much of anything. Had a bad dino outbreak, had to go lights out for several days. Lights are at 50%, 6 hours a day. Which makes it even more impressive that the crab figured out it was a full-moon.

Lowest tides of the year Saturday and Sunday. Horseshoe crabs laid eggs all weekend long. Accidentialy dug a couple of nests up when building a sand castle with the kid on saturday on the beach next to where the fairy goes out.

hmmm, that can't be a coincidence... laying eggs at the lowest tide would me less chance of eggs washing up where water can't bring it back in.