• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Spidey's 83g Rimless Reef

Looking very good...where is the RBTA?

Thanks man. It is in a basket in one of the frag tanks.

Tanks are gorgeous! But your stands legs seem a little thin for the weight. Should there be wood between the top and bottom rails. Hate to see you lose a tank.

Thanks. That is something Xavier mentioned to me as well. I have had them up for a while and no issues as of yet. I need to redo them though. I am by no means a carpenter lol. Thanks for the heads up.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Bry,

Can you give me some info on you sol programming/intensities. I have 2 blues over my 75 and always like to see how others run there's. Especially where the tanks look so great.

Bry,

Can you give me some info on you sol programming/intensities. I have 2 blues over my 75 and always like to see how others run there's. Especially where the tanks look so great.

Sure. Right now at peak intensities I am hitting around 75/90/100 (white/royal/blue). I think the ramp period is over 60 mins and it holds for 90 mins, then ramps back down to my attinics at around 0/80/100. I will sit down and grab the actual schedule for you to see how it is.

Here are some updated shots from today :)

eVhHGFA.jpg

JhpzwcG.jpg

TWl1pyd.jpg

vcxOqpu.jpg

Z2kq6pM.jpg

i agree it looks really good. that yellow acro/sps in the back right is pretty cool, i haven't seen an acro with that color before, almost like a banana. oh and sps in the last few pics are pretty awesome looking pieces too.

i agree it looks really good. that yellow acro/sps in the back right is pretty cool, i haven't seen an acro with that color before, almost like a banana. oh and sps in the last few pics are pretty awesome looking pieces too.

That is a green slimer, looks different under attinics than it does with daylights. Thanks.

Your tank is looking sweet man with great polyp extension. How is that ATS going? I have been pondering over putting one on my system.

Your tank is looking sweet man with great polyp extension. How is that ATS going? I have been pondering over putting one on my system.

Thanks man. So far so good with the ATS. Just kind of annoying having to clean it out weekly lol. It won't hurt your system at all. If you have the cash, go for it. Just make sure you stay on top of it since issues can happen with clogs/leaks.

Tank looks great man! Nice shots

So I forgot to put up that I made a new addition. A few weeks ago Xavier came over and we got this bad boy up and running. Didn't realize the tank has hard water spots on the inside that don't seem to want to come off, so I may have to drain the tank to clean it off. Any suggestions on how to handle that?

Tank plumbing already up, just securing the pipes at this point.

jXrXQz0.jpg

Filling it up.

1pT7Y4u.jpg

First shot of the tank full with nems and clowns :)

oPihrmP.png

More of a close up

L7jLdzL.png

Full view of the room now

RFqyski.png

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Awesome fish room! As for the hard water stains you can use distilled vinegar to clean them. If they are really bad and don't come off very easy soak a towel in vinegar and lay it over the area for an hour or two and then wipe it off. Hope this helps.

Awesome fish room! As for the hard water stains you can use distilled vinegar to clean them. If they are really bad and don't come off very easy soak a towel in vinegar and lay it over the area for an hour or two and then wipe it off. Hope this helps.

Yeah, just sucks that the tank is up and running. So I need to take it offline for a bit, and it is plumbed in as well so idk a way to do it.. Maybe just drain it and try n see.

Thanks btw :)