• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Spotted GSM

Anyone see any markings like this before? I have had a small percentage of clownfish coming out with some markings I have never seen. As you can see full barred with a spot on each side. This one even has a couple extra spots on its tail.
DSC01007.jpgDSC01008.jpg

howze01

NJRC Member
GSMs are my favorite clowns and these are so awesome! I say go for Gold Spot Maroon Clowns!

Good ideas! I have been trying to come up with a name for them. I don't know if it is genetics or just some strange misbaring. I do seem to get 1/2 a dozen or dozen out of a hundred or so. I was considering selling the pair that makes these but I may keep going with them.

Very cool looking! I saw one like that in tenn at a place called The Reef. The one they had was an adult and really perrty. Lol the guy said it was one of a kind

Twisteds 180 Reef

Its it more common then you think, misbar maroons show up alot in aquacultured fish. They dont really get blotches like the percula ocellaris

I get quite a bit of mis barring with the gold stripes. Lack of striping is easy. The ones with the spots are sometimes fully barred and have the spots in addition. I have some with horizontal striping and spots. They do not have full vertical bars though. Still really cool looking.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I like them! It’s just a touch of difference that was the result of natural genetic mutation. Very unique fish with class!

However, in comparison, I can’t stand the man-made mutations, like the Wyoming…..I refer to these genetic abominations as f-ugly (pronounced fug-ly) fish.

Again, neat fish.