• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Spotter's long distance tank build...

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
That last coral is an echinata that I got a few weeks ago from JoeKnowsReefs.com. Funny thing about that piece is it arrived looking nothing like it looked in the picture and now that it has settled in and colored back up, it still looks nothing like the picture he had posted.

you gotta point me to which piece it is on JoeKnowsReef.com, i am very tempted to buy a frag.

How's the denitrifier working out? Did you already set it up and get it dialed in?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

do you ship Steve? LOL

damn, hopefully he puts one up again.

LOL....no shipping yet!

How's the denitrifier working out? Did you already set it up and get it dialed in?

Hey Mike, I started cycling the natureef right around I the same time I filled the tank and it took a couple of weeks for it to be ready for daily flushes. My tank has been running almost 3 months and I've only done 3 wc's (2 @ 10% and 1 @ 5%). My no3 has been 5 ppm and po4 has been .03...these numbers have been rock solid for the last 4 weeks now. Based on my bio load and my target nutrient levels, I am only flushing the reactor once a day. This has quickly become one of my most favorite pieces of equipment.

Looks great Steve. I like how they used multiple doors for the sides to break it up. I was wondering how they would handle it.

Looks great Steve. I like how they used multiple doors for the sides to break it up. I was wondering how they would handle it.

Thanks Mike. There are actually three doors on each side but the three are connected together so they all open at the same time. I was lucky enough to find this guy and turns out he's originally from NJ. He definitely exceeded my expectations.

Still gives you access to the sides, correct? Did he just put some trim on the back of one of those doors to block the light from shining through?

Still gives you access to the sides, correct? Did he just put some trim on the back of one of those doors to block the light from shining through?

Oh yeah...i have total access still. he connected the doors to each other with a piece of 1x4. I need to get something to fill in the gaps between the doors on the top so you don't see light bleeding thru.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Wow. Nice finish work. How much space do have behind the tank to work? Looks like plenty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow Steve. The whole build looks great from start to (almost) finish. Can't wait to see it complete.

The slideshow was cool but I agree it was a bit too fast. Would like to see a slower version.

Keep posting your progress bud!

Wow Steve. The whole build looks great from start to (almost) finish. Can't wait to see it complete.

The slideshow was cool but I agree it was a bit too fast. Would like to see a slower version.

Keep posting your progress bud!

So funny about the video speed....I made it faster because I was afraid no one would watch the whole thing and bail on it...lol. I'll see if I can change the speed and re-post.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Wow, looks even better now Steve!

Also, what are your plans for that frag tank you just bought? lol

Wow, looks even better now Steve!

Also, what are your plans for that frag tank you just bought? lol

LOL....Im going to set it up on the fish room and stock it with frags! Im hoping to sell them locally down here. The lfs here is not much better than petco and no one down here really has a lot of nice sps. Hopefully I can fill in a gap.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
LOL....Im going to set it up on the fish room and stock it with frags! Im hoping to sell them locally down here. The lfs here is not much better than petco and no one down here really has a lot of nice sps. Hopefully I can fill in a gap.

but.. I will pay for shipping...

lol.

but, seriously that frag tank is beautiful, saw it personally at the NJ frag swap. great buy, steal for the price you got it for.