• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Spring Cleaning

Time to clean out some of the stuff that I've accumulated over the years.

58 gallon oceanic reef ready tank. I used it as a quarrantine tank and hand bought it used from someone. The front it pretty scratched up so it wouldn't be suitable as a display tank. Also includes a 2x4 wood stand. $25

48x20x20 inch MRC hi flow sump. It was drilled for an extranal pump but I sealed it off with a bulkhead and used an external pump. You could replace the bulkhead if you wanted to go external. $100

Large white acrylic water cotainer. Holds about 50 to 60 gallons. I used it for saltwater. $35.

Skimz leopard 253 skimmer body. Skimz rates this up to 500 gallons but 250 to 350 is probably the sweet spot. The pump died and I decided to go to a larger external skimmer. The body is in great shaped amd just needs a new pump. Skimz is now selling a new pump for it (VSC 9 DC pump). BRS sells the pump for 250. Might be some other options out there since its an external pump that connects to the body via a small piece of tubing. $200

It was a DC pump not a pressure rated pump. I believe it was the DC10000. Looks like they have a newer pump model. I suspect they were having issues with the original model. I went through 2 pumps each lasting about a year. I tried replacing the impeller but no dice. Before i decided to go with an external skimmer I was thinking about throwing a bubble blaster on it. Might be some other options out there but it's an internal skimmer.

Skimz Leopard SL253 DC Internal Protein Skimmer

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sure that might not be until later in the week. I have it packed away in my garage.

Pm me when you get the pics of the sump
Here is the sump. Still needs a little cleaning. Btw I work in Princeton and can arrange to meet near there during the week.
b66ff9fd41bd8ee239538224e68a5db6.jpg
dbe05a2c202588b456a0f1e01bc748b8.jpg