• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SPS and PC Lighting

OK, so MACNA is right around the corner and I need to start thinking about keeping the purchased SPS alive for three days. I was thinking of bringing a 10 gallon tank, 5 gallon jug of water, heater, small pump and the questionable item...... a PC Light. Do you think they will survive the three days under PC lighting? I would hate to rig up a spare 250w MH setup that I have for a 10 gallon tank with only 5 gallon of water.

A pc bulb should be fine. I have kept a few sps under a 18watt pc light and they did ok. I think water quality is more important. You would probably be ok with no lights for three days. But I would just use what you have. Reefs don't always have light everyday.

Edward771 said:
Another option is ask the vendor to hold it for you. Most do this,

I thought about this, but the vendors will be overwhelmed with all the corals that they have to hold. I will also have to remember what venders I purchased from (not good).

adesimone1, Thanks for the offer. If I run out of room in my 10 gallon, I know who to go too.